Thursday, April 21, 2011

IVRC Comic

This past July, my teammates from this past semester and I traveled to Tokyo in order to showcase our project at the IVRC (International Virtual Reality Contest). The contest is all about designing and building new and innovative technologies.

With our project safely packaged and in transit from the U.S., we were quite confident in our project... that is until upon arriving in Japan, we discovered that our device had been broken beyond repair in shipping!

With less than 24 hours left until the competition, we managed to scramble together a mockup of our shattered pride. For my part, I drew this comic in order to help communicate our predicament to our predominately Japanese audience. In the end, we received an award for technical achievement. So all’s well that ends well, I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment